Travel Map Magnets
It’s an uprising trend to find new and unusual ways representing where you’ve been and where you’ve like to go, they’re almost a badge of honor amongst the travel community. Right now, however, we’d like to show you how to create something a little bit different.
They’re super fun, cheap and easy to make. You can personalise them with destinations you’ve been to and places you’d like to go in the future.
Things you’ll need
- Old map
- Clear glass pebbles
- Magnet (we recommend our 8 X 1 mm Neodymium Disc Magnet)
- Paint brush
- E6000 glue
Step by step side guide
- Place your map on a table and place your glass marble on your desired location.
- With your pencil, draw the outline of your marble and cut out what you have just traced.
- Once you have your map cut out, take your glass pebble and your E6000 glue and place a small dab on the flat side.
- Take your map cut out and put it on the backside of the marble.
- Set aside to dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Get your magnet and E6000 glue then place a small dab on the flat side of the marble again, and placing the magnet on the back.
There you have it, you have a personalised travel map magnet. These are a fantastic and unique way to display all of the great locations you have visited. Don’t forget to email us a picture of your travel map magnets for a chance to be featured on our Twitter page and on our website.
Credit to this video goes to According To Anna
As always if you have a craft idea that you would like to be featured on our blog drop the team an email at email@example.com or contact us via the website.